Thursday, April 23, 2009

Norwegian Wood and other fantastic endevors!

Finished up my first of three dimensional pieces for the semester [and on to the next!!]:


I will probably re-shoot this photo later on.

NYC trip last week went extremely well. I hit up the Society of Illustrators, the Met, the Neue Gallery [which currently is showing Gustov Klimt, Egon Schiele, and several German Expressionists, therefore I absolutely LOVED it], and a good chunk of Chelsea galleries. Also got my italian on and ate dinner twice in Little Italy and did some vintage shopping [more like drooling] in the Village.

I also had the opporitunity, along with the rest of my class, to meet Marshall Arisman at his studio in Chelsea. Great artist, great advice, and great stories.

I took a ton of pictures and drew a ton of apartment buildings, particularly brownstones around the hotel and in the Village. I'm pretty sure my 3 pieces will be based off these.

No comments: