Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"Don't you want somebody to love?!"

It's been far too long since my last post! But that doesn't mean I haven't been a busy bee!

First off, Happy Holidays and New Year to everyone! Hope you all had a safe and happy one, and maybe got to enjoy some delicious cookies (not as good as my Nonnie's though!).


This portrait of Clark Gable was my mom's Christmas present this year. I used a different technique when I gessoed the board to give it a nice texture. I want to give it a nice varnish for her and then maybe a gaudy gold frame! haha


This is a work in progress caricature of Yogi Berra that I am doing for my cousin's tattoo. Should be finally finishing this up and sending it along to him this week.


For my visual essay class I decided to keep going with the roll I am on with portraits and paint some writers, with narrative environments. LARGE.

Edgar Allen Poe:

Lewis Caroll:



I am also sketching a piece on Kurt Vonnegut for this same class.

For my Symbols in editorial class I am creating a portrait of Grace Slick (Jefferson Airplane) based off a painting by Gustav Klimt. Here's the sketch (although the likeness is off on this):


Finally, here are my final photographs of my portraits from last quarter:

Clapton:

Plant:


I know I am forgetting things, so I'll be back later.

Love you all.
Sorrento.

No comments: