Monday, February 16, 2009

"And so I quit the police department, got myself a steady job"

HI!!! Finally, week 10. I got my digital piece done early and printed, and am happy to get this class over with, it's been such a struggle. However, I can't go without saying that I've learned something.

This is my final project based on Valentine's Day:



Not a Valentine's Day fan, so I really wasn't excited, but it came out decently. It's based off a story that after being rejected by a woman, Valentine killed himself and had his "still beating heart" presented to this woman. Freaky, right? I thought so. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day]

It's hard for me to fall in love with working digitally. I'm driven so much by process and my fingers.

And last, here's some sketches I'm particularly proud of:




This last piece is a quick sketch for a book cover I am currently working on. I work a lot with line in my sketches and I am experimenting with tying this element into my final pieces.

Anyway, things are looking up and I'm excited for the upcoming break, and the chance to do some of my own work and reading (I recently picked up Arkham Asylum and am completely captivated by what I've allowed myself to read so far!!!)

No comments: