Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lots of updates!

Finally a few minutes to update amongst all this crazy moving!

A few weeks ago my fantastic group of friends and I graduated from RIT! Still feels a little weird and hasn't sunk in totally, but I'm okay with that.

So now that I have my B.F.A. in illustration and all these congratulations are coming in the mail, it's time to start sending out thank you cards! Here is my initial sketch for a digital painting I will be doing for the front of the card:


Obviously influenced by wallpaper and fabric from the 70's here. I have been using colourlovers.com to come up with some color pallet ideas.

I put in an order for my first set of mailers, and am looking for local printers to work with to get copies of my portfolio made. I have a huge list of companies I will be submitting my work to, and I am really excited to be getting to this!

Also, a side project I am working on for my Uncle Al! A logo for ZitoFest, which is a get-together he will be having at his camp at the beach. He wants a logo he can get put on glasses. He owns a boat, so I decided the boat might be an appropriate theme. Here are some sketch ideas (I am pretty sure we are going with the last):


Such an plain colored blog entry. Hopefully will have some color soon!

Hope all is well with everyone!
Love,
Sorrento

1 comment:

Arthur Wang said...

Maria!

Right? I'm confused why your name is Sorrento...

Anyway, thanks for joining my blogaroo. It's nice to hear that you're getting all set to get on that job hunt. Best of luck!