Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Inch your way through dead dreams to another land..."

I'm very grateful to the Grateful Dead for a Box of Rain.

So I've been knitting this kerchief:


I'm using this fantastic sock yarn by Red Heart. Super soft and super colorful. Apparently if you knit with circular needles the end product is striped!

Also, crocheting a scarf for Tony:


Really did not think I could get this effect without knitting, found a pattern on Ravelry (which, if you're a knitter, is a great community).

For class this semester I've decided to create some pieces somewhere in between portraits and caricatures. Ideally I'd like to focus on my favorite musicians, since I am greatly influenced by them. And, I figure, I have to really love what I'm doing.


Rough sketch of Mr. Dylan:


And another for Hunter S. Thompson:


Rough sketches, still in the early development stage, but I'm still super excited, so I had to gush.

No comments: